April 14, 2009

Family Building Act of 2009 (H.R. 697)

Fertility issues are about to make their way onto the floor of House of Representatives in Washington. This piece of legislation would require insurers to cover fertility treatments. Obviously, this is a pretty big concern in the IF community.

Don't know when this is going up for a vote, and apparently this has had other forms in both 2005 and 2007, but it's worth being informed and contacting your Representative to co-sponsor this Act today.

Family Building Act of 2009: Full text here

Currently sponsored/supported by the following Representatives as of 4/8/09:
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN)
Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)
Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ)
Rep. Steve Israel (D-NY)
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA)
Rep. Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Rep. David Price (D-NC)
Rep. Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)


Is your state lacking support? Contact your rep via RESOLVE's online form here.

3 comments:

FET Accompli said...

Hi there,

I found your blog on Lost and Found, and am looking forward to following along. I love the title of your blog - perfect.

Sophie said...

Thanks for sharing this--I had no idea! That makes me so happy. I'm just about to start the clomid journey, but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford IVF precisely because of my limited insurance plan :0(.

Frau said...

Thank you for the link. I love following bills.