May 4, 2009

Blood lab results, round 1

As my blood lab bruises from last week are finally fading away, I have one round of results back from the lab: the antibody tests. Still waiting for the karyotype serum testing results. Those apparently take ~21 days to complete. Links go to descriptions of tests. Normal ranges in parens; green = ok, red= something wonky.
I've tried my Dr. Google hat, and it hasn't worked much, except that I think I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? I have no clue. I have an email out to my dr, so we'll see what he says.

Assuming I have no genetic defects re: Fragile X, this is good news for having my own genetic children... I mean, it doesn't really feel like good news at all what with lifelong health concerns, and the fact that my numbers as they stand now usually result in increased miscarriage and IVF failure rates... but at least there might be a longshot chance of me having my own children?

Chalk 1 hash mark in the victory column? I guess?

Why am I not feeling terribly reassured by this?

4 comments:

erica057 said...

Actually, I'm gonna go with Grave's disease.

Keiko Zoll said...

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. I've had hypothyroidism for the last 8 years, and in the last couple of months have been on the same dosage as the last few years (88mcg) of Levoxyl. The only change is that I'm taking *pure* Levoxyl as opposed to the revolving generics that I've been on the last few years, which I never knew can drastically affect the absorption rate of the medicine itself b/c of varying fillers b/t generics. I'm wondering if I simply have too much/strong of a dose right now? No clue. I suppose the good thing is that my normal range of thyroglobulins means no cancer. And yanno, that's a good thing.

FET Accompli said...

Thanks for the update - I know what you mean about the "Dr. Google hat" - sometimes it's great, but other times it can send us into a panic...

Unknown said...

hi Miriam.
over at lunch break, i came across your blog thru google.
I read your March-May blogs in one sitting & i was crying too.
Thanks for the info & comfort that i feel not alone on this. I was deeply touched with you pointing out that you have a lifetime partner (A) inthis, through all the sorrows.. I am with great joy too, that I am gifted with an understanding husband.

I'll be looking forward for your next articles.

meggie, 30, Philippines