June 28, 2009

Professional development vs. The Diet

The score? Diet's winning.

Tons of walking + tote full of swag + laptop computer in a bag + 3 full 20oz bottles of water a day = making up for any poor food choices I'm about to make tonight.

In Baltimore for a conference for work, and I'm having a wonderful time. My first out-of-town professional conference - it's been recharging and energizing all at once. I worried about not being able to keep up with Weight Watchers, but yesterday I was only over by 4 points, and I've still got 10 left for today. I'm making lots of smart choices - nixing the bun, loading up on salads and veggies before attacking the proteins, and only eating proteins in moderation. It's all about portion control, tons of H2O, schlepping up and down downtown Baltimore, and the most valuable thing I've been aware of most the last 2 days: knowing my hunger cues and cycles.

Re: my above equation... I love hitting up local NFT/Yelp finds. Yesterday I sought out the Lexington Market for lunch, and what a treat. Tons of food stalls: any cuisine you could think of, seafood, produce, fresh baked goods... the works! And there was even live jazz - these are the kind of traveling experiences I crave, I seek out- I love :)

Tonight, I'm trekking out via cab to Tapas Teatro, a hip little tapas bar with a killer wine list MELI, a hip lil bistro with live jazz tonight. I've got 10 daily points, 16 weekly points, and 14 activity points to cash in on plate after plate of tapas tonight (yes, I realized that's redudant as tapas means "plate") a lot of tasty French food and desserts. I think I deserve a little splurge, especially since it's on the company dollar! :)

2 comments:

FET Accompli said...

Sounds like this conference, and this change of scenery, is just what you needed.

Lexington Market is definitely a place I'd like to check out!

..al said...

Have fun!