July 6, 2009

Whirlwind week.

July 4th weekend was fantastic. Had friends from out of town at our place this weekend, with their adorable 10 month old in tow. Babies are exhausting! And cute, and fun, and wonderful. I particularly enjoyed seeing Ari with the baby- he's going to be a great dad someday.

Blood work this morning: thyroid workup and vitamin D levels checked. We're looking to see how this new lower dose of Levoxyl is working, and to make sure I'm not too much of a vampire and am getting enough sunlight (lol, with a little help from my liqui-gel Vitamin D tabs). Also, I might go on birth control again. That should be fun... we'll see if I get to keep my sex drive or not.

Still on WW. Gained 1.1 lbs this last week. Trying not to get discouraged by it, had a fluke weekend where we ate out a ton. Trying to remain focused on why I'm on this diet in the first place: gotta get my body healthy to have kids.

Ari has a semen analysis scheduled for next week. Fingers crossed, everything should be normal; we don't have much reason to suspect otherwise. And if there is something wrong, God help me b/c I might have a mental break at that point.

So my Dr. just called, and I need to up my thyroid medication back up to 88mcg. 75mcg isn't cutting it. Awesome, especially since I just got my 75mcg refilled... yesterday. Whatever, I have it on hand for the future.

In other news, outed myself to another friend. It's still bittersweet telling people in person. Good to let it out, but yanno, generally sucky to share that sort of news. Also, another friend just had their first child, a beautiful baby girl. When I got the picture message waiting in the airport flying out from my conference last week, I smiled, and then burst into tears. Who loves emotional roller coasters? *waves frantically* I do!

Still taking everything a day at a time. Still in that weird "we're not actively trying but we have this diagnosis looming over us" phase. Still in the Land of IF.

No comments: