November 21, 2009

Welcome to November's IComLeavWe!

Welcome new folks stopping by for ICLW: Hi, I'm Miriam! *waves* (not my real name, but my Hebrew name). Welcome to Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed. For more info on those ladies, check out the link to the right. For more info in general about me and how I got here, again, head on over to the right column. And for the latest fun in my life, check out the few posts below this one.

I thought I'd kick off this ICLW with an A to Z meme. Here we go:

Ari: My husband, my soulmate, my best friend of over a decade, and yet we haven't even been married 2 years. Not his real name; his Hebrew name as well.
Boston: Moved here almost 2.5 years ago, and love living in MA, minus the winters.
Camping: Still a relatively new hobby within the last few years, and I love it.
Donor egg: This is pretty much our only option for me to be pregnant. Saving up the money and trying to get our lives in order to make this happen in the next few years.
Entrepreneur: Another reference to my husband, Ari - he just started his own business in the last month, after being laid off for nearly 8 months.
Foodie: Wine, cheese, sauces made with butter, garlic, creme... these are a few of my favorite things.
Geocaching: A new hobby within the last few months, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to spend the weekend with my husband.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis: An autoimmune thyroid disorder where my body is attacking my thyroid, rendering it pretty much useless. Dx'd with Hashi's just a month or so after my POF Dx.
INFP: My MBTI personality. This says volumes about me, actually.
JBC (Jew-by-choice): I converted in 2007. My Judaism and my faith are very important, defining aspects of my character.
Kafka On the Shore: One of my favorite novels, by Japanese writer Haruki Murakami.
Listening to: Lots of Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Muse, and Annie Lennox on the iPod right now.
Miriam: I chose this as my Hebrew name b/c she was the songstress of the Torah, leading the people of Israel in song and dance when they escaped the Egyptians after cross the Sea of Reeds. She also provided the Israelites with a mystical traveling well to sustain them during their years of wandering.
Not sure of what's next: Finances, jobs, and housing just aren't lining up the way we'd like to right now, so any kind of IF treatment just isn't possible right now, and I'm terribly impatient.
Oophorectomy: I had my left ovary removed in November of 2000 from a torsioned cyst.
Premature ovarian failure: Diagnosed in March of this year; my remaining ovary simply doesn't have any follicles left. Essentially, I've gone into menopause at age 26.
Questioning if adoption is really right for us.
Red Tent Temple: A monthly gathering of women I go to. See two entries down for more info.
Sushi: I love it, so much.
Tequila: My liquor of choice.
Up: My favorite movie right now. Everything from how it handled IF, to "Adventure is out there!" - it's a beautiful, powerful, wonderfully adult movie that just happens to be animated.
Vacations: We honeymooned in Disney World and took a Disney cruise to the Bahamas, did a 5-day tour of California, and just spent two weeks in Japan last month.
Wish: That 2010 will be a much better year than 2009, b/c boy, 2009 sucked.
eXtra Facts About Me: I hold a beauty pageant title from high school, have sung at Carnegie Hall, and I love graphic design.
Yardsaling: Another favorite pasttime with my husband.
Zazz: A word I associate with Metalocalypse, one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

2 comments:

nixy said...

Hiya! I'm just stopping over from ICLW to show a little love. I love love love your A-Z and may steal it for my own next month (if that's ok with you).

Hope your Thanksgiving weekend goes great, and good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Up was a GREAT movie! I was crying like an idiot within 3 dvd chapters! lol

It's nice to "meet" you again through ICLW.