March 22, 2010

Blog Award from Sonja!


As promised, here's the blog award I received from Sonja over at The Mud and the Lotus. Thanks Sonja :) She's awesome, and her recently redesigned and retitled blog looks fab, so pop on over and say hello!

10 Things About Me:
  1. I have a handful of trademark photos I take every time I have a camera in my hands: macro shots, interesting shadows, looking up through trees, anything with patterns, long angled perspectives, and playing with off-centering/cropping. I take macro shots of everything.
  2. I appeared on Good Morning America with my second grade class, literally saying "Good morning, America!" as the lead in to one of their random segments. We still have it on Betamax. That's right- Betamax!
  3. I absolutely love playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm level 37(? I think?) and my weapon of choice is the Scar-H.
  4. I love shopping at farmers' markets in the summer, and creating all sorts of seasonal dishes on the fly.
  5. I eat my cereal dry, but will have a glass of milk with it. I just don't like mushy cereal, but I do appreciate the taste combination of milk and cereal together.
  6. I say the V'ahavta during every takeoff, and repeat it over and over from the moment we start taxiing until wheels have left the ground.
  7. My favorite football team is the Washington Redskins, and my favorite player is Clinton Portis. Even though Mark Brunell hasn't been on the team in years, I still find reasons to make fun of him when I watch a Skins game.
  8. I love reading very quirky non-fiction, such as Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments, Kitchen Confidential. I also love quirky documentaries like Beer Wars, King of Kong, Helvetica, Contstantine's Sword. With the aid of these lovely context clues, you should be able to derive I am a huge dork.
  9. I am paralyzingly terrified of jellyfish when I go in the ocean. I think they're cool looking and fascinating, but the idea of being stung by one freaks me out so much.
  10. I am a terrible baker, but I make a mean tomato sauce and can cook fish to perfection. The only baked good I can make really well are sugar cookies, I think b/c it's simply the easiest cookie recipe ever. Also, I make amazing pancakes.

And now, I'm giving this award to the following 10 bloggers, in no particular order:
  1. In Due Time
  2. Elana at Elana's Musings
  3. Wiseguy over at Woman Anyone?
  4. IF Optimist, then...
  5. Bella & Her Fella -(she's got new protected digs over at WordPress)
  6. Hillary at Making Me Mom
  7. An Unwanted Path
  8. Pour Away the Ocean (formerly, Infertility Rocks!)
  9. Body Diaries by Lucy
  10. Hope at A Chance Worth Taking

1 comment:

Elana Kahn said...

Thank you! Here's my post:

http://elanasmusings.blogspot.com/2010/03/sugar-doll-award.html