January 10, 2011

A most wonderful dream

Last night, I had a pretty rad dream:

Larry and I were at some random party. The Winkelvoss twins of "The Social Network" and Facebook settlement infamy (and yes, they were also played by Armie Hammer in my dream) were there as well and pulled us aside.

"We wanted to give you this," they said, handing us a card and two small wrapped packages, and exchanging a knowing grin between them.

We open the card and there's a very lovely, heartfelt message from them to the effect of "We know how much this means to you, and we want to make your dream of having a family a reality."

I open the first package, and it's a Hello Kitty wallet I had when I was growing up. It had a bajillion little pockets, and each one was stuffed with several hundred dollar bills. Larry opens his gift and it's an old Italian leather wallet of his, also with a million little pockets inside, and each stuffed with cash.

We both start crying, thanking them over and over and over again.

That's right: I dreamt that the Winkelvoss twins, played by a movie actor, gave Larry and I $20,000- in cash- to start the donor egg and IVF process.

In other news, that Armie Hammer boy is a dreamboat times two!
Man, if only, right?

I will say this though... how did they get old wallets of ours? I mean, I know it's a dream and all, but wicked creepy. I also don't think I've ever had a more clear cut, no interpretation needed dream in my life. And I've had some pretty bizarre dreams (i.e., Saturday night I dreamt I was a spy and infilitrated a Nazi military base and stole a Jeep), but this was pretty straightforward.

Seriously... no more pizza right before bed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAha, that's an awesome dream. I totally thought there was going to be a baby in the package.

M3MU said...

Hehe. I LOVE IT! At least there were some good visuals in your dream and I specifically LOVE that you are/were a fan of Hello Kitty. I saw a Hello Kitty sewing machine online last night and proceeded to convince my husband that I want to start dabbling with sewing. Hehe. Anywho, awesome dream and I hope the funds you need are there when you need them. Crossing my fingers and toes for you. Sorry for my rambling.

Stephanie said...

I wish I had dreams with the Winklevoss (sp?) twins' actor. They/he could give me anything and I would consider it a good dream. I hope your dreams, or at least part of them, come true.

Kristin said...

That sounds like a wickedly cool dream!

Hurdles of Life said...

hmmm... its pizza that causes those dreams? now you tell me!

Kir said...

I love the dream, I love those twins....and I love the whole idea that your subconscious is soo HOPEFUL that it knows that you'll find a way.

aweseome dreams!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That IS an awesome dream. I still can't believe one (super cute) actor played both roles. Here from ICLW, and just wanted to say that you're a wonderful writer.