May 13, 2011

It's a Fail Whale Kind of Day.


First it was Blogger. Then it was Twitter. I imagine Twitter has been over capacity much of the day because folks took to microblogging their frustrations with Blogger. It's created a ripple effect in the social media realm. And my post from Thursday? With my two videos from Advocacy Day? Still missing. Still in the Blogger ether. Oh, and any comments I've received since Wednesday morning? Gone. Blogger promises they'll be back, but the proof is in the pudding.

I had a truly lovely post to write today, venting some various hormonally-driven frustrations on the baby-makin' (and I do mean makin' when we're talking about IVF) front. Aunt Flo is in town, so I've been feeling particularly rage-tastic today. Oh, and it's Friday the 13th. I can't even promote this post on Twitter right now: it's over capacity, as it has been most of the day today.

It's not all bad, I suppose - but it's been just one of those kinds of days.

I'm super grateful I backed up my blog and downloaded my template on Tuesday. Still, I had done some minor design tweaks- moved around some widgets, added a banner ad for an affiliate program I just joined- and those changes are all gone. It's kind of a pain in the ass. All of this is setting me up to move to WordPress. It's time to self-host and stop milking the freebie blogging.

I imagine in the next month or so, I'll be moving from Blogger to WordPress. What you can do now is make sure your bookmarks and Readers point to http://www.hannahweptsarahlaughed.com/ and not hannahweptsarahlaughed.blogspot.com. It's a simple switch. I will update like a fiend so the transition is as smooth as possible for all involved.

What sucks even more is that there is some really exciting news in terms of advocacy, but I'm reticent to share it here because I don't know if my posts are going to get eaten. I'll save it for Monday.

That said, don't break any mirrors, step on any cracks, or walk under any ladders today. This Friday the 13th has turned out to be a beast.

4 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

It really is. I've been so frustrated with Blogger since yesterday, and then when I found out Twitter wasn't working today... uuggghhh frustration!

Esperanza said...

I laughed out loud today when twitter went down. I thought it was hilarious. First blogger then twitter. People are going to have to, gasp, shock, horror, not be constantly connected via the internet for a day. It's very disconcerting for most. I'm trying to take it as a sign that I need to not be reading so many blogs or tweeting so much. We'll see if it works... Sorry you lost so much. I hope you get it back.

Justine L said...

I was thinking the same thing today ... time to move! But I have SO many pictures ... it would be a huge PITA, no? I spent my day refreshing things, hoping it would come back. Addict, I am ...

linda said...

Friday the 13th slipped by without much ado in my world...thankfully!

I gave you an award over on my site...please head on over to claim it! I hope that you'll wear your badge proudly. You've done a lot of great work to shed light on the world of infertility - thank you!