May 18, 2009

Blood lab results, round 2: finally, some good news!

Dr. Gross emailed me today. The karyotype serum test results are back: negative for Fragile X and the rest of the karyotype looks normal!

After a very long, frustrating day at work, combined with some other shitty news I got at lunch about some other financial related things, this news has been a welcome relief. This means there is an infinitesimally small chance I can still have my own genetic children! I can hardly believe it right now. I have a lot of work to do- I've got a ton of weight to lose and some other things to get in check, namely my thyroid disease; but there's a chance that my one remaining ovary just might have some eggs left in her, and we might be able to coax them out when we we're ready to TTC. I think there are still going to be issues in that we won't be able to make a baby the old fashioned way, but I've pretty much accepted that fact.

The news that I might be able to have a child that is partly genetically mine is so... fantastic. It's overwhelming. I have hope again. I haven't felt anything, really, for weeks and now - something positive.

We have an enormously long way to go, but at least we've got this small hope that I might have eggs left.

4 comments:

T-Mommy said...

Congratulations!!!...
I read your post and remembered when I got my karyotype results, I can so relate to your feelings!

...Please, never loose HOPE, things CAN happen. I am one of those fortunate POFers who conceived with her eggs, after being diagnosed.

I can tell you it is not going to be an easy road but I can assure you life will take a whole new meaning!

FET Accompli said...

That's wonderful news!! I was so happy to hear this.

Anonymous said...

Half-pint,

That is really great news. I will keep praying and 'casting. And I'll keep looking out for any new medical or scientific advancements.
Sivarrah

CappyPrincess said...

Hope is hope no matter how small.

Best wishes to you.


ICLW