June 9, 2009

Quick Updates: Mom is A-OK

Thank GOD.

Medical stress test and cardio catheters revealed no blockages. Elevated cardiac enzymes may not actually have indicated a heart attack, but rather a result of her crazy high blood pressure (240/180) on Thursday morning. She has to meet with the hospital's endo before she can be released, but it looks like she should be out late afternoon/early evening today. I think our whole family was pretty spooked by everything that's happened the last few days, but my Mom seems to be doing well. Just waiting for the final OK from the dr's so she can be released.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and well wishes.

---

On the IF front: not much new here. I've started my 75mcg dose of Levoxyl... not sure how that's working out for me yet. I've been getting over a cold, and with my Mom in the hopsital, I was super stressed, so I've felt extra tired than normal. I finally feel like I'm 99% over my cold, so that's a relief.

Trying to light the fire under my ass to get in shape, lose weight, and get generally healthy so when and if a baby happens in the next year, I'm not huffing and puffing a la Fatty McGee.

My current hw assignment from Ari? Find a physical activity I can do 3-4 times a week that I enjoy. I started by walking my school's track with a friend last night. The conversation and movement really helped my mood, so I'm hoping to stick with that.

---

On the everything else front: Ari is still looking for a job, has a good lead about 2.5 hours away from where we are now... thankfully, it's mostly telecommute. So, fingers crossed on how that goes.

We're going camping this weekend- first camping of the season! It'll be nice to dust off the old Fort. (We call it a fort b/c it's a HUGE 4-person tent... for just the two of us. It has its own vestibule. It's a lil ridiculous, but we love it.)

I treated myself to a purchase of the full-size Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom bath gel. I used it last night, and it smells divine. I think I will use the birthday money I got from my Mom last month to treat myself to some new pants.

I need to reschedule the birthday massage that Ari got me, since I went to NJ this weekend. I'm thinking maybe one night this week after work... we'll see.

2 comments:

FET Accompli said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing well.
Sounds like camping will be a wonderful getaway. And until you get out there, that bath gel sounds divine!

Gil said...

Enjoy the camping. I'm hoping that your mom is well enough now that you can relax a little and kick back. Oh, and kudos for looking for an activity that works!