February 12, 2010

Cannot catch a break.

First question I ask: "Do I have any endometrial lining?"

Answer: Yes. It's very very thin, but it's there.

Ultrasound tech brings in the doctor. It's Lesley, the lady from last week. SOP: look on the outside, pee, drop trough, insert dildocam, call in the doc. This time, well this time it was different. It was all SOP but then no good pics, then a collective scratching of heads. They bring in Dr. #2. Lots more prodding with the dildocam; it's beginning to get quite uncomfortable. All that pain that had virtually disappeared this week came back (I'm achy as I type this). My ovary is quite small, consistent with POF. But... there's an... anomaly.

Is it an egg? No. Is it a follie? No, but there's a super tiny one still. Is it a cyst? Sort of? Maybe? Place your bets folks, place your bets... What's the weird half-inch thing on my ovary?

If you guessed endo- that's right: endo-fucking-metriosis- come claim your prize.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

Dang, girl. Your uterus/ovaries need to leave you the heck alone. Seriously! Endo...good golly. So unfair!! I would've been much happier if you were ovulating. :-)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Well crap. You didn't need to add one more thing to your list.

So sorry!!!

Suzanne Incognito said...

Oooh. I just found your blog. Endometriosis was my guess....

Stupid, F-ing, tissue that thinks it is lining the uterus but in reality it is really just very, very confused and needs to be put out of it's misery!!!

Yeah, I feel you girl.