April 13, 2010

A long lost relative returns...

Aunt Flo, it's been a year and a half. Well, specifically it's been 1 year, 3 months, and 16 days since you last came to visit. Yesterday was CD470. I guess I'm at CD1 again. Not that it really matters now, but I kind of forgot what you look like. In fact, going to the bathroom this evening, I thought something was horribly amiss in my pants and then had that slow, dawning realization, a giant cartoon lightbulb slowly appearing over my head.

I'm assuming this is normal. True, it's not a "real" period per se, as this is just withdrawal bleeding from the birth control. I'm wondering if this in fact, full on AF or just spotting. I'm going to place a call into my Dr tomorrow just to be sure. I also need to follow up with some scary stuff last week - I had swollen feet so bad I could hardly walk. I stopped taking the birth control for three days and in 24 hours, my feet were fine. I started taking them again a couple of nights ago, and everything seems to be fine. I'm thinking that my stopping for a couple of days, especially during the 4th week of pills, has triggered my yoot into this crazy AF action.

Just a day after the new moon, the first new moon of spring - it seems fitting. Either way, in a weird way... I'm glad to see her. I've missed her these past 471 days.

4 comments:

Nine said...

Goosebumps.

FET Accompli said...

Oh Aunt Flow - you are just so amorphous. How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? How do you hold a moonbean in your hand?

..al said...

Hey AF....I would not like to call you whimsical. That would be too casual.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I think you win for the longest cycle ever.