July 11, 2010

The New England Infertility Blogger Network

Do you live or are based in the New England region (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut)?

Do you blog about infertility?

Pull up a seat: we need to connect.

This may look strikingly similar to a post I made last month recruiting Bay State IF Bloggers. The first task given to me as the newest member on the RESOLVE of New England Board of Directors is to start culling blogs to build a New England based infertility blogroll. So I'm ditching the Bay State IF Blog Network and expanding it to become the New England Infertility Blogger Network.

What kind of blogs would be included?
  • Patients facing infertility or treatment or parenting after infertility
  • Their spouses and partners
  • Their friends and family members
  • Physicians and nurses specializing in fertility treatment
  • Fertility clinics or other organizations that blog about fertility
What are the benefits of this blogroll?
  • Promotion and visibility with RESOLVE of New England
  • The chance to network with other professionals, resources, and bloggers
  • The possibility of a meetup or round table at the RESOLVE of New England Annual Conference
  • For businesses and providers: increased online exposure and social media opportunities for the only consumer infertility conference in the New England region
  • For the amateur blogger: add credibility with support and visibility from a local non-profit organization
A lot of the details are still being ironed out. For now, I'm in the information gathering stage, and simply trying to find and connect with whose out there right now. As of right now, you do not have to be a member of RESOLVE of New England to be included in this blogroll.

Interested in being a part of this project? Fill out this short survey at the bottom of this post!

Readers and followers: this is where I also need your help. I could do a little Googling, but that will only get me so far. I need you dear readers, to send me links to infertility blogs in the New England region. I need you to dig through your Twitter followers and Facebook friends and colleagues: who out there lives in New England and is blogging about infertility? I need comments and retweets and leads in that same viral spirit that brought over 20,000 pairs of eyeballs to my What IF video. The simplest way is to just link right back to this post directly so they can fill out the interest form below.

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to connecting with other infertility bloggers in the New England region!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

You are such an activist....I'm so proud of you!!!

Krissi said...

This is great!! I just linked to it on my mini blog love-check in post! Good luck with it! And, CONGRATULATIONS on your award winning video!! It truly is an inspiration!

TwoDogMama said...

Can I come live in New England and work with you? I am always so excited to read about the wonderful work you are doing. Also belated congratulations on your video. I have watched it several times and still cannot get through it without crying. I think it should be shown to every person who ever steps into an OB-GYN office just to give everyone some perspective. You give me hope to keep fighting, hoping, and wanting to play more of an activist role in all of this. I am going to look into my local Resolve group. Thanks for inspiring me.

foxy said...

You RAWK! Seriously, you are the most RAWKIN infertile I know!

You make me wish that I lived in New England and could come to your meet-ups and be your friend. Do you feel awesome yet? you should :)

So, once you get this going and have a little action plan, could you share it with us? I'd love to support a blogroll for my larger geographic region, and would really appreciate being able to follow your roadmap.

Keep up your super awesome RAWK-Star-ness!

Your wanna-be rawk-star friend,
Foxy