November 25, 2010

Thankful

Behold my awesome hand turkey makin' skills.
On this day of Thanksgiving, I give thanks...

For health: Despite everything I've been through this last year and a half, I'm still relatively healthy otherwise. I have learned from and been humbled by the wonder of the human body. I marvel at its intricacy.

For the love of my life: Every day with you is a blessing and a gift, love. I feel like the luckiest gal in the whole wide world that you chose me.

For the love of family: I'm so thankful to be surrounded by a family that is so loving and supportive. And we're growing - happy first turkey day to my niece! Your auntie will teach you that the best part of the meal is putting in a smidge of soy sauce into your honey mustard spread to make the turkey taste divine.

For the love of friends: You are each treasures to me. I keep a pretty close circle of friends and I hold you dearly in my hearts.

For abundance: I'm so thankful that 2010 is turning out to be so much better than 2009. Where last year was full of losses and travails, this year has brought us immense abundance: Larry's new job, my promotion, everything with my video and awards, Larry's increasing success with his LLC, our house. We have really been blessed.

For community: I'm thankful that you've found this blog, that you've watched and shared my video, that you keep reading about our journey and sticking by us. It's this community that has brought me such healing, compassion, and support. I just want to reach out and give each one of you a great big internet hug to thank you for being so awesome.

For country: When I read unsettling news of things like armed conflict in the Koreas, or civil unrest in the streets of France last month, or the cholera epidemic of Haiti - I am very thankful to have been born and and live in the country I do. I'm thankful for every citizen who elects to serve this country and defend its freedoms and interests.

For faith: It's what has kept me going. I am moved and thankful for the touches of the Divine: a harvest moon, the sisterhood of women in my life, the birth of a new family member, the elegant workings of the human body, being spared from a potentially devastating fire, the smell of the salt air when I drive through the marshes into work.

And we remember those that no longer sit at the table: Granny, Nan and Pop - of blessed memory. I miss you each so much.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

6 comments:

Patience said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for your video- You expressed so much emotion that I was trying to find the words for. I was able to share your video with friends who now "get it." So, thank you!

Wishing you much happiness this holiday season!

rebecca said...

A wonderful list of thanksgiving indeed...thankful for you and your talent to put into that video what so many of us feel and for raising awareness regarding IF.

MoonNStarMommy said...

Love your post....I may have to steal the format for my post today....have a very Blessed Thanksgiving and a Happy ICLW

Emby said...

Happy ICLW! And, Happy Thanksgiving! We do all have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

Katie said...

Happy ICLW! I have been somewhat silently stalking since someone posted your video on a forum I frequent. Love your thankful list. It helps to remember the blessings ;)

Kristin said...

I am so glad you have so many things to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving.