April 21, 2011

ICLW Welcome & Blog Award

Howdy all - if you're here from ICLW, welcome! Looking for the latest ICLW introduction? I've got a two-fer this time around. I'll post some random facts about myself here (and you'll understand why in a moment) but I've also updated my Running ICLW Intro Page as well. And if you've never clicked any of the page tabs above, do that too. Lots of good stuff up there. So yeah - lots of places to get to know me if you're new to these digs.

Also, if you haven't seen the list of goings-on around the blogosphere for National Infertility Awareness Week, do swing by this post!

 
I received this fabulous blog award from not one but two readers in the past couple of weeks. I've been sitting on them because like most blog awards, it comes with the "tell us about yourself" clause, so it makes ICLW intros that much easier. So first and foremost, thank you to Ashlee at Savor the Moment and Kristin at Dragondreamer's Lair for bestowing me with the Stylish Blogger Award!

 
To accept this award, the recipient must complete the following:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 15 other bloggers.
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So let's start with the 7 random facts about myself:
  1. I just started playing Magic: The Gathering last Friday... and I'm hooked. Yes, the nerdy card game that's a mix of DnD meets WoW meets FF. If you understand all of those abbreviations, we should chat... because we're both nerds. I also just built my first deck from scratch. It's an addicting game already! 
  2. I could pretty much eat pizza exclusively for the rest of my life (at great detriment to my health). It just never gets old for me. Artisanal, homemade, Domino's, frozen - pretty much any type/brand of pizza. Bread, cheese, tomato sauce - seriously, how can you go wrong?
  3. I've been keeping a diary, journaling, and blogging in some form or another since fourth grade. I'm 28. Do the math.
  4. 99.9% sure our house is haunted by the original owner from 1846. So far, nothing "bad" has happened, just "weird." Also? Our backyard is a centuries-old Quaker cemetary, so we're not really sure who's walking around the house at night. I live in Salem so this is really nothing out of the ordinary up here.
  5. I converted to Judaism in 2007, and yesterday I turned 4 as a Jew-by-choice. I've been practicing, however, for over a decade at this point. The conversion was honestly just a technicality before we got married.
  6. I drink... a LOT of regular Coca Cola. Like... a lot. Like, a lot a lot. I finally went to the World of Coca Cola Museum in Atlanta while I was traveling for work. Totally worth it.
  7. We don't have cable TV; we watch everything exclusively though the internet on Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Boxee. (Our TV is connected to a media closet with a computer dedicated exclusively to media and our PS3.) Right now we're watching Big Love and 24. We also try to watch the Fox Sunday Night lineup during the week: Bob's Burgers, Simpsons, Family Guy. Bob's Burgers is the clear winner of the three; I absolutely adore the odd humor and comic timing on that show. It took some getting used to but I don't mind watching TV on my own time with "limited commercial interruption" - the savings alone in not having to pay $100+ a month for cable makes it all worth it.
Now, it's time to award 15 other Stylish Bloggers! Many of them are participating in ICLW too, so go swing by and leave them a comment. In no particular order, I award the following bloggers:

Parenthood for Me (PS: Have you voted for them yet today? Do it now!)

Happy commenting this week!

19 comments:

Justine L said...

Wow! Thanks, Keiko! :)

Too funny ... I know all of those abbreviations. I don't play MtG, but I have many friends who do. Perhaps it's only a matter of time?

We also have no cable TV. Why would you? There's nothing on. ;)

April said...

I played Magic in high school. I've also done DnD. I never got into WoW or FF though.

I love my Netflix and Hulu. They make me smile because I can watch what I want, not what's on at the moment, though I admit I don't wait for NCIS or HIMYM.

ICLW!!

jill's infertility document said...

I've stumbled across your blog a couple of times now and I'm happy to be back visiting from ICLW. AF is imminent; it is evenings like today that I love and am thankful for streaming television

Residency Widow said...

Stopping by from ICLW. :le sigh: I do know all of those abbreviations BUT I attribute it to nuggets of weird random knowledge I have floating around my head, not actual first hand experience playing the game.

Jjiraffe said...

I am so honored :) Thanks so much! Wow, we have a lot in common: I converted to Judiasm (3 years ago), LOVE regular coke and am obsessed with pizza too. And I believe my childhood home was haunted.

Would love to read about the weird happenings at your house someday. Ghost stories are fun :)

Thanks again!

Brave IVF Girl said...

You might like Dominion -- it's a great 2-4 card-based game. Not collectible cards like Magic, but lots of variety and replay --every game is different.

Christina said...

I totally get #1 and played a bit off and on since HS. I got to dabble in DnD for a bit, but haven't really had the time or people to play again.

We watch everything either through Hulu or netflix. We haven't had cable since 2003. So what if we are a few seasons/years behind on things! We don't have to deal with commercials or off-season cliffhangers!

Ashlee G. said...

Now I want pizza. thanks. ;)

and you should call Ghost Hunters to come check out your house. that would rock.

Happy ICLW!

InfertileNaomi said...

Thanks for the blog award, Keiko! You do such great for the infertility community! You are fantastic!

Keiko Zoll said...

I'm amazed at how many of you don't have cable too... I find this really encouraging :) I thought I'd miss flipping through the channels, but when I traveled for work back in Feb and I had "regular" TV in my room - I was so bored flipping through channels I ended up just watching stuff on my laptop.

Busted Kate said...

A) Thank you so much for the award, I'm honored! And you rock :-)

B) I'm sort of jealous of your haunted house and think that kind of history is AWESOME.

C) I'm currently on a white pizza kick. Garlic, artichoke hearts, and alfredo sauce (ask your fav pizza place if they can do it). It's awesome.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Yay! I never get picked. I finally feel like I've come into my own :-)

I wish I had known that you were in Salem. For some reason, I thought you were way north of here. I was actually in Salem earlier this week for an afternoon. We went to the candy store (that one that's the oldest in the world) and stopped by the House of Seven Gables (but didn't go in) and went to the Witch Museum with the low-key statues and voice over. I'll let you know the next time we come up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Keiko! And now, since you're doling out love....can I come by and have pizza and watch internet TV with you? 'Cause that sounds like a bit o' heaven for me. Mmmmmm.... Oh! And my stomach apparently thinks so, too.

P.S. I'm WAY with Ashlee...call Ghost Hunters! Maybe they'd let us investigate with them if we offer them awesome pizza.

Mali said...

Yes, here from ICLW though have visited a few times before. I liked these. Mmmmm pizza! (I must be hungry). A friend of a friend is into Coke - she has an entire room dedicated to the stuff she's collected from all over the world. It's quite impressive - you'd love it!

Aramelle said...

Hi Keiko! :)

I just recently found your blog, though I've seen your face many times via the What IF? video (super love that, BTW).

I love that you love Coke so much. I have forced myself to cut way back over the past few years, but I still CRAVE it all.day.long. Just this evening, I went to dinner with some friends and ordered a Coke. When the waitress said "Is Pepsi okay?" I asked for a Mtn Dew instead. My friend looked at me like I was insane and said he'd never seen anyone actually do that before.

Happy ICLW! :)

TeamBabyCEO said...

Thank you for posting about so many important topics related to infertility. I actually gave you an award like this as well on my website!

All the best to you!

foxy said...

Ohh, we just got rid of our cable too, and are now exclusively on apple TV, with some sort of amazing set up that my technology savvy husband has set up. I like to think of it as magic.

We just watched all of Glee and then the whole series of Freaks and Geeks! So much fun!

hope that you are doing well Keiko!

BrokenOven said...

Oh wow! I guess I didn't see this post when I chose you, but...

You've been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award - AGAIN!! Check out my page for details! Congrats, thank you for sharing your story, and Happy ICLW!

http://juststoptryinganditwillhappen.com/2011/04/25/you-really-like-me/

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from ICLW, (this is my first time.) I like dominos pizza, for some reason I'm not a frozen pizza fan. I've been blogging since 2003.