March 21, 2011

The Running IComLeavWe Intro Page

For the latest ICLW Intro Update, scroll to the bottom of this post.

What is IComLeavWe?
ICLW (for short) is a blogtastic commenting frenzy the last week of each month, hosted by the ever fabulous Melissa Ford at Stirrup Queens. You sign up, slap a badge on your blog, and then commit to commenting on at least 5 blogs a day. You also return at 1 comment left on your blog a day. The full details are here.

Why the running intro page?
I've participated in ICLW several times, and even managed to earn one Iron Commenter badge. I like to provide an intro page to get new readers up to speed. Since I've done this multiple times and now have multiple intro pages, I thought I'd keep one post to use for any months I participate from here on out, where I update any pertinent info as needed.

Where can I find your old ICLW intro posts?
Below, sorted chronologically in order:

So... what's new?
This section here will be updated to reflect whatever particular month's ICLW in which I participate. This intro is current as of May 23, 2011 for the May 2011 ICLW.

I recently posted a good snapshot of our infertility journey so far last week, so definitely give that read. I'll also be featured (hopefully tonight!) on WBZ-TV Boston's Channel 4 news for our journey with infertility and my blog and What IF video. I was interviewed 2 Fridays ago and they pushed back the story twice last week, so the latest word from the reporter is that it will air tonight. I've got a few neat little side projects that I'm working on that for now, I've got under wraps. But more details this summer, I promise! Still waiting, still saving up money, still desperately wish we could get our IVF with donor egg ball rollin'. Oh, and contact your Senator asking them to co-sponsor the Family Act, if you haven't already done so! Here's why we need Senate co-sponsors for this important infertility tax credit legislation.

11 comments:

marilyn said...

glad to see you back in the blogosphere!!! Keep us posted...by the way...I love your blog and video..

Busted Kate said...

Can I say "I'm so proud of you" without making it sound all weird? You're just plain awesome... and I AM really proud of you and everything you've done for our community. Keep on rocking, girl. I'm off to go sign up for that About.com thing!

PS: Happy ICLW :-)

Anonymous said...

Here from ICLW...

Congrats on all you are working on! I too am a big fan of your video, I mean, who isn't ;) Thanks for the heads-up on the About.com event...I'm going to check it out.

Deborah said...

Here from ICLW - I love your blog title. I feel like I read Hannah a lot when I was TTC my son (and then he was born on Rosh Hashanah, go figure). I will definitely come back and keep reading.

Lavonne @ the OCD infertile said...

Happy ICLW!!

-Lavonne @ *Our Wish*

Stinky said...

Been reading your blog a few weeks now, but just watched your 'what IF?' vid, found myself nodding away in recognition, good stuff.

I keep hearing about this ICLW and figure I should join the party, next time though, this weeks away from the puter

Summastarlet said...

Oh wow!!

Your video is amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I had tears in my eyes watching and was nodding along to so many of the points you put across.

I wish there was more advocacy for IF here in Australia..

Happy ICLW!!

Brenda said...

You are an inspiration. Seriously.

M said...

I'm new to ICLW and am looking forward to reading all of the resources you have! Thank you!

Natalie said...

Hi new bloggy friend! Thank you for your kind words - I'm so glad you (and others) understood what I was saying - and that you weren't offended and aren't all "GET OUT THIS IS MY PARTY!!!"

Anyhow - I like you. And I read your About page and have to share this with you: Jimi (my beloved) had a half-Japanese, Jewish girlfriend once. He called her Jewpanese Julie (like, that was his pet name for her - not one he's made up since they broke up). I didn't know her, of course, but your intro in the About Me reminded me of her. :)

Jes G said...

congrats on your interview!! i have seen your what IF video.....love it!
iclw
xoxo