July 21, 2010

Happy ICLW: 200 Posts, 200 Words

If you’re here from ICLW, welcome! For past ICLW intros check these out: June '10, May '10, April '10 and November '09.

I can’t believe I’ve written 200 posts already. For this celebratory 200th post, I wanted to commemorate the occasion with something that captures the essence of this blog. So I took the text from all of my important posts and created a word cloud using the 200 most frequently used words in those posts.


I used Wordle to make this. Neat, huh?

200 posts in 479 days... That comes out to about a post every two and a half days. Boy howdy, have I been writing a lot! I've kept journals all of my life, and in times of great crisis, I always find myself writing the most. It only made sense then to write about my greatest life crisis to date. I started this blog as a way of coping; I chose a public online format because I desperately needed the support of family and friends in those early months and I figured a blog was the best way to not only put myself out there emotionally, but to provide a tool for education.

Writing has been truly therapeutic to that end, but my blog has evolved into something bigger than just my infertility struggles. From this very introspective personal journey, my words have spread outwards. On the heels of 200 posts and looking forward to hundreds more, I hope the writing that has soothed my heart can continue do the same for others.

Thanks for reading along. I've hit the first of two milestones I'd like to reach before I do my first giveaway... as of this writing, I'm at 169 followers. Once I hit 200 followers, I'll be doing my first giveaway to really celebrate 200 posts and 200 followers as a way to say thank you for stickin' around to read my crazy foilbles and follies.

And stay tuned this week and next as I have a series of posts on infertility advocacy coming up... I'm so fired up on this topic that it's going to take five parts to tell it all! So keep your eye open... part one will go live this Thursday.

To 200 posts - *raises a glass* - and a thousand more!

21 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Happy 200! You really have made this an amazing venue for change and advocacy, and I certainly appreciate it! Here's to 200 more!

Tina said...

Happy 200th post from a fellow ICLWer! :) Thanks for your advocacy!!! :)

Kelly L said...

Happy 200!! That's quite a feat!
Have a wonderful ICLW week! :)

Justine L said...

happy 200th, and happy ICLW!! What a great way to celebrate. :) You have done such amazing work with this blog ... it was like the catalyst for change! Thanks for being amazing you. :)

Nichole said...

Happy 200th post!

Di said...

Here from ICLW! Congrats on 200. I became a follower and hope you hit 200 today on those too!

Nine said...

Wow. Your word cloud is really beautiful - graphically and poetically. Truly, I think you should have it printed and framed. At least for the Red Tent Temple and maybe extras to sell, perhaps to raise funds for RESOLVE? I think I remember you were thinking about crafty ideas to make some money. Just a thought.

~stinkb0mb~ said...

Congrats on making 200!!

ICLW
#41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

Jos said...

Wow, I can't believe you've written 200 posts - very cool! Writing is such a wonderful outlet when we're going through stressful, emotional times.

#ICLW

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! I love the word cloud. Here's to 200 more. :) And happy ICLW! I'm looking forward to reading your advocacy posts.

BU said...

That's so cool! Congrats on 200! Ah-maz-ing!!

Unknown said...

the word cloud came out really cool! Congrats on your 200th post!

ICLW #30

Michelle said...

Mazal tov on 200! Looking forward to the next 200.

Happy ICLW!
michelle@griefinterrupted.com

Erica said...

Awesome that you hit 200 with 200 followers! Have a happy ICLW week!

ICLW #40 http://ifandsif.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

Happy 200 posts! Here's hoping that this ICLW can bring you those extra followers! Looking forward to the advocacy series too. :)

Tillie said...

Happy 200th post! So exciting! I look forward to reading more about you! iCLW#31

jill said...

Happy 200th! Great accomplishment!

Liddy said...

Happy 200 posts! Thank you for your advocacy.

An ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
liddy @ the unfair struggle

Alex said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

Marybeth said...

happy 200th! Love the word cloud, and took the time to make my own. Thanks!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such a big accomplishment.