April 21, 2010

Welcome to April's ICLW!

Hi there! If you're stopping by from ICLW, welcome and thanks for visiting. I think most of my pages and tags should be good places to get started to know a little bit more about this blog, but here's the quick and dirty reader's digest version with links to relevant blog posts to get you up to speed:
  • Hi! I'm Miriam Keiko. The hubs is Ari Larry. We are so totally in love it's kind of ridiculous; we're high school sweethearts of 10+ years, only married for the last 2.5. We're Jewish, we love food, we love to travel. Oh, and we really want to be parents.
  • I've got one ovary, and it's way busted (premature ovarian failure). My thyroid is also pretty busted (Hashimoto's thyroiditis). Our options, as I was told a year ago, is IVF with DE or adoption.
  • Current treatments: birth control pills as hormone replacement therapy. I'm currently having my first "period" in over a year. I use the term loosely since it's really just withdrawal bleeding from skipping a couple of days of the pill. Also, I'm on Levoxyl for my thyroid. I've got a regular thyroid monitoring appointment on Thursday.
  • After much ruminating, we've decided to pursue adoption! Like, literally finalized this decision a couple of weeks ago. We're still in the info gathering stages and have lots of questions. I'm definitely on the hunt for other adoption bloggers to follow.
  • Next week is National Infertility Awareness Week. It's a cause near and dear to my heart.
I look forward to discovering new blogs and meeting new bloggers this week. I'm also going for Iron Commenter status, and working on What IF: Part Two, so I'm hoping to get in at least 2 posts this week, but it might be rough. Want to know more? Leave me a comment or shoot me at email (miriamshope AT gmail).

Happy commenting this week!

EDIT: In light of posting my What IF? video, I've put our real names up here and changed my "About Me" page.

12 comments:

Gurlee said...

Hi there,
I am a fellow IF blogger with hashimoto's thyroid disorder amongst other things! I can relate to frustrations of trying to support the lovely little gland.
You have an ambitious couple of weeks coming up! Best of luck in meeting your goals and exploring the world of adoption!

Terry Elisabeth said...

I'm wishing you the best with the adoption procedures !

Anonymous said...

good luck going for Iron Commentor! It is my 1st ICLW month and I am not going to try.

Danya said...

Miriam! You're going to find a lot of love and support in the blogging community! I'm looking forward to following your blog!

<3 Danya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your well wishes! All the best for your adoption process!

Katie and Howard said...

Great blog...DH and I are on the fence about our next step. We're going to start looking into adoption though. Can't wait to keep reading your blog.


ICLW

daega99 said...

Good Luck going for Iron Commenter. It's a lot of fun - addicting even....

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

Hi, it's nice to meet you :)

ICLW

April said...

Good luck in your adoption plans!

ICLW

kimbosue said...

YAY! Good luck with Iron Commentor and Adopting!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

hi, just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my blog, a lot of times when someone is going for iron commenter they leave very impersonal comments that lead me to believe they didn't actually read any of my posts but yours was very nice!! :)

Awaiting our miracle said...

Happy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with your adoption plans.