May 18, 2010

And the Oscar goes to...

Okay, so I might be exaggerating just a tad. I didn't win an Oscar. But I did take the top prize in Wellsphere's This Is Me video contest!

I recut my video with a different intro title and stripped the audio and submitted it to this video contest a couple of weeks ago. #ProjectIF and the This Is Me contest just happened to align perfectly. As the top winner, I've won a Flip Mino HD camera and $100 will be donated towards RESOLVE. But the biggest prize?

Greater exposure to this vital health issue that is infertility.

Check out Wellsphere's YouTube channel to see all 85 submissions. There are some really great videos about some very important health issues on there.


*adjusts her director's hat*

I'm already plotting the films I can make with my new camera... Advocacy films, short documentaries, PSAs... I'm just going to keep riding this wave and keep on makin' waves in the process!

12 comments:

Everly said...

YAY! It was a really great video

Stickles McQueen said...

Way to go! I'm so not surprised. That was a beautiful piece of work. Thank you for spreading the word.

Heather said...

Congratulations!

Kristin said...

Huge congrats to you. That video truly is incredible and you deserve the prize.

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Congratulations...there was no one more superb than you! ;)

..al said...

Very good. Keep it up!

Alex said...

Congratulations! This is awesome!

Just me said...

That is awesome!!! Nice job. :) I love how you are turning what can be a pretty shitty situation for you into doing such GOOD for women and couples dealing with infertility!!! You are a true mensch!

Kakunaa said...

Keiko, you are such an inspiration, you know that??? Way to go! Many deserved congratulations!

Circus Princess said...

You rock! Love your film and can't wait to see what's next :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, and how exciting!!

LRM said...

you deserved it! I showed everyone that knew we were having IF issues it. It felt so good to see something and feel understood and to show others so they could understand. I look forward to more amazing vids from you with your new camera!!!