June 22, 2009

Diet Week 1 & Quick Update

Even with our lavish brunch on Saturday with nothing but plates of fine cheeses, fruits, salami, and crackers... I managed to lose 3 lbs last week! Ari lost 4.5! I'm ⅓ of the way there to my first goal (5%). Next step: add a little more physical activity to my life.

My caffeine cut back has been going very well. I had a half a chocolate bar on Saturday afternoon, but even that has less caffeine than the daily amount I was drinking prior to starting the diet. And I still haven't touched brown soda since last Sunday. The closest thing to soda that I've had (and even sparingly at that) is lightly flavored seltzer water. Since I've met my original one-week goal of no brown soda, I'm going to try for a goal of one month now.

In other news... Ari has a job interview on Wednesday! Wish him luck!

And, swing by Bella and Her Fella... they've got some great news over in their neck of the blogosphere as well :)

1 comment:

Purplestate said...

Great news! Tell A that 4.5 ppw is . . . aggressive. :)

How did the interview go?