May 25, 2010

A Celebratory 28th Birthday Post


I'm not 30, but I'm certainly not 18 anymore. It's crazy to think of everything I've encountered in my life in the last decade. At 18, I stood on the precipice of adulthood. At 28, I feel like I'm on the precipice of the next big stage of my life. Like a galloping Rhiannon, I have felt transitory and driven in the last few months: my course may be uncertain, but I thunder onward, unflinching.

What better way to greet and celebrate my 28th birthday? In fact, I'm going to celebrate on the blogosphere with style, via The Celebratory Society.

Think of this as the most interesting delurking project you'll ever participate in. After giving back to others at the Celebratory Society, I have decided to participate in it myself. You can understand the project in full by clicking here, but in brief, the Celebratory Society is an online festschrift for a blogger- a way for you to tell me what my blog or actions mean to you. But this isn't about me- this is about you too. And I would love it if you returned to your own blog, started your own Celebratory Society post, added it to the main project list, and gave me the opportunity to tell you about...you.

Yeah, I'm milking my birthday, but what better opportunity to celebrate oneself, right? Speaking of milking my birthday.... I'm also looking forward to a fabulous night of fondue at The Melting Pot downtown tonight!

19 comments:

Shanel said...

The Celebratory Society-- I've never heard of it but it sounds like a GREAT idea and I'll check it out now.. thanks:)

R. said...

Happy Birthday I hope 28 helps you reach your dreams.

Heather said...

Ahh...to rewind the clock and be 28 again. I hope you have a fantastic birthday.

Enjoy!

Kir said...

HI :)
I found you through the WHAT IF project with your amazing video. I think that 28 or 108 you're just an Awesome person. One that inspires me to put myself out there..just like you do. I love your blog (would love to follow if that's ok) and I think you are a hero in the IF world, a loud voice worth listening to.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday AMAZING WOMAN!

kpiccini@weichertrealtors.net

piccinigirlcorner.blogspot.com

Delenn said...

I've always wanted to go to the Melting Pot--hope you have fun!

I just started reading your blog, found it through the IF Project--loved your video, it was so raw and honest.

Reading some of your earlier posts, I see that the video was an extension of your blog--and I look forward to reading many more thoughtful posts.

Happy Birthday!

Everly said...

Happy Birthday, I'm very into even ages and even years so I think this year will be a good one for you!

Elana Kahn said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope this year turns out to be the best one ever. :-)

Alex said...

Happy Birthdya!!!

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

ApronStringsEm said...

Happy Birthday! Stumbled here from Jonelle's site, so had to say Happy Birthday to you too!

JJ said...

HAPPY Birthday!! May girls rule ;) Wishing you MANY reasons to celebrate this year!

Blondie said...

Enjoy the Melting Pot, YUM! My favorite is the cheese. Which is ironic, because the first time I went to the Melting Pot, I skipped the cheese course, thinking I wouldn't like it. BIG mistake! Anyway, happy happy birthday!

StacyandChad said...

Happy Birthday!

PCOSChick said...

Hope you have an absolutely wonderful birthday!!

JL said...

Milk your birthday to your heart's delight - it's only one day a year!

Happy 28th! I turn 30 in a few weeks and I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking just a bit about leaving my 20s behind.


ICLW

http://just-two-lines-away.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your story and your life with us. Happy birthday and all that is good. Glad to read about you and Larry being so in love. It's fabulous to go through this journey with a supportive soul mate. Enjoy your cheese tonight!

Jonelle said...

Happy Birthday, Keiko. Aww to be 28 again. Hope you have a great day! Have fun at the Melting Pot :)

aimeemax said...

Happy Birthday Keiko! You turned the age my head is! I loved 28, it was a year of promise and fulfilment and I hope it treats you as kindly as it did me.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

I've been lurking for several months. You were one of the first bloggers I found who, like me, was having hypothyroid troubles. Silently following your journey has helped me to better understand my own. You're an inspiration to me, and I wish you all the luck in the world on your adoption path!