July 19, 2009

Results are in.

(So, I thought this posted from my phone last night, but my mobile messaging posting thing didn't work. Weird.)

Our doc called us from his home Friday night. Everything has come in as normal; low end of normal (21 million) but normal enough that he's not worried. Motility was a bit low, but isn't a big deal if/when we go IVF since a lab will be injecting sperm into the egg directly into the egg. My doc did say that if I had no IF problems of my own and we were trying to conceive naturally, we might have a slightly harder time than most, but it's a moot point really. Although, it makes me wonder if the birth control stimming "experiment" as my doc calls it, will actually be worth it in a few months. I just don't want to set us up for disappointment, or wasted time.

For now, this is a victory. A small one, but we choose to celebrate any win we can score at this point. It's the first victory we've encountered throughout this whole ordeal. For the first time in months, Ari has a sense of calm about him.

It's nice to have gotten some good news for once.

No comments: