November 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo: And so it begins.

30 posts. 30 days. It's NaBloPoMo time, people: National Blog Posting Month.

I think it's time to build off of my 7 posts in 7 days bit and move to something more advanced. I know I wrote recently that I should man up and do NaNoWriMo (also starting today) but I just don't have the energy. But blogging? Blogging for 30 days? I can do that. This is more attainable. I have to work my way up to NaNoWriMo.

If you don't feel like joining the official NaBloPoMo ranks, Suzy over at Not a Fertile Myrtle has a great blogroll of other NaBloPoMo participating IF bloggers up for the challenge. Check it out - let's keep each other motivated! More updates/news and a question after the cut.

Other updates in my life...

Tonight I'm being interviewed by Isadora Leidenfrost for her forthcoming film, Things We Don't Talk About. From her film website:
Things We Don’t Talk About is a groundbreaking documentary film about women’s healing narratives from the red rent that serves to empower women and girls. The Red Tent is a red textile space that is changing the way that women think about their bodies.
Tomorrow night, Isadora will be filming the Salem Red Tent Temple. I'm so excited! The Red Tent Temple has been such a joy in my life. When I stopped having periods, I missed my Woman's Blood Rhythm. Now that I meet near each new moon with other women in all stages of life and Blood Rhythm, it has brought that sense of monthly cycle back. I can't wait to talk and explore more about this with Isadora tonight.

Just had another thyroid panel done. I've had brain fog like whoa and my energy is pretty much non-existent. I'm starting to feel like I did in June/July of 2009, when my TSH was at its highest and thus my thyroid function at its lowest. Well, don't know what's going on then b/c my numbers came back normal: TSH is 1.027. I need to find a good endocrinologist up in the North Shore area. Anyone have any recommendations for a good North Shore, MA area endo?

And finally, it's just 5 days until the RESOLVE of New England Annual Conference! You can still register in advance. Come check out dozens of vendors, doctors, and other patients, and meet the Infertility Blogging Goddess, Melissa Ford, author of Stirrup Queens! Also, we have some pretty awesome raffles. I can't wait to meet folks there :)

Oh, and one other thing: my Fertile Fall Fundraiser is underway, so if you have a few dollars to spare, I'd love it if you could help out this special cause: $2000 for RESOLVE of New England by Christmas. We can totally make that goal with your help!

Happy blogging all.

1 post down. 29 to go.

PS. Get off your butts and VOTE tomorrow! (I don't care for whom you vote, just vote dagnabit!)

4 comments:

Justine L said...

Keiko, have they tested your T3 levels, too? I don't know what medication you're currently taking, but I finally felt better once I started taking Cytomel. I had to go to three endocrinologists before they'd check more than TSH and T4. There's a pretty good website for thyroid doctors: http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/ ... I looked for doctors willing to treat people who were coming up with "perfect" numbers. Mine also did a full blood panel, and suggested additional iron supplements.

And BTW? Western Jersey. Which might as well be South Jersey. ;) Thanks for commenting!

Kristin said...

Good luck figuring out whats going on with your system.

Good luck blogging every day for the next month. I KNOW you can do it.

Carli said...

I am so glad to hear that you are going to do 30 posts in 30 days. I think that is a wonderful goal. And I love to read your blog. So, it is a win-win in my book.

Good Luck in figuring out what is going on with your Thyroid. Feeling spacy and tired are no fun at all.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get that thyroid figured out. that certainly suck.
I am doing the 30 in 30 over at Suzy's. I really hope that I can do it!
<3